An often fatal mistake, that we ALL make when joining our network marketing online business opportunity from home, is failing to do a background check on the company management leadership. What is the MOST Common MLM Mistake, failing to do your own due diligence by conducting a thorough background check of the management team. And it is not just the newbie who is making this error in judgement. Even seasoned networkers neglect to check the background of the company management team.
When you actually do do a check on your company leadership you will discover lots about them. A question we should be asking ourselves is, “Has the leadership/management ever been a distributor in any company where they built a downline team?” Why is this important. Because, if management HAS done this not so easy to do task, they will have a lot more respect for you and me.
Just look at the obvious if you will. When the management has gone to work and taken years of their time to create the business they know what we as distributors are going through today.
LOOK, Companies are NOTHING without us, the distributors!
If a company could somehow magically sell their products and services without us don’t you figure they would have individuals lined up in hoards knocking down the company distributor warehouses wanting to buy the stuff.
You guessed it, it just does NOT happen that way in real life.
Why? Because it takes you and me to build that steel ribbed relationship with the prospects of know, like and trust, before they will ever purchase a thing.
The proof is in the pudding and the writing is on the wall, well not the wall exactly, it is however in your company Policies & Procedures. (and the Terms & Conditions). There you will be able to determine just what the integrity of your company leadership is once and for all.
99.9% of the people you talk to want to build a business and then retire and enjoy the fruits of their labour.
Moreover, making matters worse for you and me, these companies have come in the backdoor like snakes in the night. They’ve changed their Policies & Procedures, adding phrases like “ongoing sales”, “ongoing recruiting,” “continuous”, “regular meetings.” If you don’t take the time to read them you would never realize when the policies are changed and then when you make one little mistake that you were oblivious to making, you are slammed with a 30 day notice (if you are lucky) that you have been terminated.
You cannot retire – even though they’ve promoted early retirement as one of the main perks and promotional hooks to get you into their business!
With clauses like this in your contract just how do you ever expect to be able to retire? Oh you CAN retire, but you will no longer be entitled to your residual income. Why? Because it states clearly that you have to provide, “ongoing” training to your downline, or continuous service and attend regular meetings on an “ongoing” basis. That is what “ongoing” means. It means keep doing it. When you no longer fulfill these requirements your residual income will cease.
It’s amazing. If you retire, they can legally terminate you! Does that show any sign of integrity?
Your Policies & Procedures is THE contract between you & your company. They are written by the company lawyers. You’d better know for certain what YOUR P&Ps say!
• Search Google for the owners of the company.
• Do the owners have Integrity? Add the word ‘Scam’ to your search.
• Do the owners have a Corporate background or an in-the-field Network Marketing background? (Have they ever built a downline before in any company prior to taking the helm of a company?)
• Read your “Policies & Procedures” and “Terms & Conditions”; both are part of your Legal Contract.
• Look for the word “Ongoing”, “Renewal”, “Terminate”, “Responsibilities”. If you do not fully understand the legal jargon, then find someone who does. Take your contract to a lawyer with knowledge of the MLM industry. Or find another professional who understands this legalese.
• Look for policies that strike you as “Unreasonable”. Like “Termination, with or without cause”.
• Ask yourself “Does this contract protect me or the company?” “Is it clear which way it leans?”
• Does the company charge you for training or a company web site?
• Does the company charge you for each pay check they send you?
• The longer the contract, the greater the possibility that the policies important to you
are being hidden in “Legalese”!
• If it’s a “Cash Only” business…It’s a Scam!
• If you can buy a position at the top…It’s a Scam!
• If you are offered a “Special Deal”…the playing field isn’t level for all.
• If the products are sold on eBay at a greatly reduced price…Buy there instead.
• If a company is publicly traded, Financial Decisions Will be made in Favour of the
Stockholders at the Expense of the Distributors.
• Check these two websites: http://MLMwatchdog.com/ and http://MarketWaveInc.com/. to see all the legal mutterings going on in the MLM world. You can find the good bad and the ugly about any company here.
The above information (taken from our training resource) covers 1 of 5 critical legs (Pillars) that make up ALL companies. These 5 Pillars are used by all successful network marketers to gauge the respectability and integrity of ANY company and will enable you to determine just how successful you will be with your company. This and much more is available to each member of our community.
To have Access to us and all the Free training start here: Are You Walking Past A Fortune? and download our gift to you. Expect our call and we will discuss the information and we will introduce you to Tom “Big Al” Schreiter’s 25 essential skills for network marketing.
As Leaders in the MLM industry, we are Empowering people with Hope, Mentor-ship and a WAY to own their lives! We are just Ordinary People Who Have Found a Way to Create Extraordinary Abundance & Freedom!
Would it be OK if we helped you do the same; at NO cost to you? Only your time and desire to learn is needed. If you are coachable you will find success by following in the footprints of the most successful leaders ever gathered in one organization. They are volunteering their time and effort to make sure that no one is left to struggle alone.
Commit To Success Today
Dave and Darlene Mills
Leadership With A Vision
Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world. by Joel A. Barker